Entanglement of the Cultural and Artistic Processes of the Colombian Pacific (and beyond) with Más Arte Más Acción
From November 29 to December 4, 2021 the #LumbungNuquí will be held in Nuquí, Chocó, a meeting organized by Fundación Más Arte Más Acción (MAMA) to share and strengthen the cultural processes with which it has become entangled. Lumbung Nuquí brings together the projects and organizations that are part of MAMA’s ecosystem to share experiences and build futures, within the framework of an invitation to participate in Documenta Fifteen.
For the first time in MAMA’s history, organizations and collectives will come together to share with each other and imagine different forms of coexistence in the future. Participants include people from the Colombian Pacific, the Amazon, members of the Interlokal Lumbung, Arts Collaboratory and local organizational processes in and around Nuquí.
Lumbung Nuquí arose from the invitation that MAMA received from the Ruangrupa collective in Indonesia to participate in Documenta Fifteen, a major global contemporary art event that takes place every five years, to be held between June and September 2022 in Kassel, Germany.
Lumbung is an Indonesian term for a communal rice barn and is also the concept put forward by Ruangrupa to guide the ideas and curatorial process for this edition of Documenta. As an artistic and economic model, Lumbung is rooted in principles such as collectivity, the sharing of common resources and an equitable distribution.
Being part of Documenta / Lumbung is an opportunity for MAMA to create spaces to connect and reflect on the processes it has been involved in. It also allows MAMA to continue building the future, hand in hand with those who have been part of its journey for more than 10 years. So in the Lumbung Nuquí we will be connecting knowledge and creating spaces to intertwine the projects, questions and imaginations we have in common and to think about how we want to participate in Documenta in Kassel. Beyond this we will think about ways to build together a medium and long term future.
The Nuquí region has guided MAMA’s program over the years. MAMA has also approached the territorial processes of the Colombian Pacific in Buenaventura and Quibdó, permanently in dialogue with colleagues of the Arts Collaboratory network and now with the Interlokal Lumbung network. It is in this entanglement of people and desires that the projects that will guide the conversations of the meeting are located:
- Atrato Collaborations, exchanges between cultural organizations from Quibdó and artists from Switzerland and Germany on extractivist and neocolonial relations guided by the question of what the Atrato River means as a subject of biocultural rights;
- Diálogos Posibles, connecting social and environmental leaders, activists, artists and academics who have common interests related to climate change and climate justice;
- Postcards of the Future, an exchange between collectives from Buenaventura and Nuquí that through documentary film reflect on the notion of “progress”, mega-ports and the future of these territories;
- Impostergable, a series of artistic residencies between collective and organizational processes from Nuquí and artistic processes from other contexts that focus on the ways of living and being in the biodiverse territory of the Gulf of Tribugá;
- Chocó as a School, a publication that will bring together the ideas that have guided MAMA’s program over the last five years, with contributions from artists, thinkers and cultural practitioners who have been part of the residencies and projects led by the previous director, Ana Garzón.
The organizations and artists invited to Lumbung Nuquí are:
Amazink (Bogotá) / Andrés Vélez (Armenia) / Arts Collaboratory (International) / Asociación Para Las Investigaciones Culturales Del Chocó – ASINCH, Corporaloteca (Quibdó) / Colectivo de Comunicaciones En Puja (Nuquí) / Colectivo Puerto Creativo (Buenaventura) / Comunidad de Coquí (Nuquí) / Corporación Cultural Motete (Quibdó) / Corporación Pacífico Mujer (Nuquí)/ Corregimiento de Coquí (Nuquí) / Cráter Invertido (Mexico)/ Ericka Flórez (Cali) / Fundación Mareia (Quibdó) / Fundación Tura Hip Hop (Buenaventura)/ Interlokal Lumbung (International) / Jatiwangi Arts Factory (Indonesia) / Leonel Vásquez (Cundinamarca) / Lugar a Dudas (Cali) / Organización Nacional de los Pueblos Indígenas de la Amazía Colombiana – OPIAC (Amazonas) / Sonidos Enraizados (Bogota) / Tambacúm (Nuquí) / Yemayá Producciones (Buenaventura).
We will be sharing the progress of the meeting through our website and social networks, we invite you to join these discussions to continue them in amplified spaces. How to make coexistence a practice of sustainability and allows a future in which the different ways of living and being in harmony can come together?
The #LumbungNuquí is an initiative of Fundación Más Arte Más Acción, part of the Inter-lokal Lumbung Network of documenta fifteen and is possible thanks to the support of the Goethe-Institut, Pro Helvetia South America, the Prince Claus Foundation, the Arts Collaboratory network. Supported by the DAAD Artists-in-Berlin Program with funds from the Federal Foreign Office in the framework of the International Relief Fund for Organizations in Culture and Education. Special thanks to the Mayor’s Office of Nuquí and the General Community Council Los Riscales.
#Documentafifteen #LumbungNuquí #LUMBUNG #EnmarañamientosMAMA #CompasMAMA